I don’t know why, but it’s always annoyed me to see so much “generic” merchandise for sale at Disney and other theme parks. What compels people to buy a generic Mickey Mouse shirt at Disney prices when they can get the same shirt for much less at their local Walmart?
Over the years, some things have gotten better. At least now you can buy a generic Mickey Mouse shirt (that doesn’t mention Disneyland anywhere on it) that at least has “Disneyland” on the sizing tag.
I’ll also give a pass to generic things found at World Showcase and spots in Universal Studios’ parks — you might not ever make a trip to the United Kingdom or New York, so perhaps picking up something “from there” in the parks is fine since you probably can’t get them at home.
But folks still pay jacked up prices for Starbucks coffee or Coca-Colas that we can find, literally, around the block back home.
With that in mind, I present you with a list of the park exclusive beers made just for Universal Studios Orlando … Feel free to try as many of these as you want, since you can’t get them back home at your local brew pub.
Kudos to Casey at the Universal Orlando twitter account for this list.
Universal Studios Florida
- DUFF Beer and DUFF Lite – Springfield – Duff Gardens
- Dragon Scale and Wizard’s Brew– The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley – Fountain of Fair Fortune, Leaky Cauldron, and The Hopping Pot
- Mardi Gras Brew (only available during their Mardi Gras celebration) – French Quarter
Islands of Adventure
- Dragon Scale and Wizard’s Brew – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade – Three Broomsticks and The Hog’s Head
- Hog’s Head Brew – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade – The Hog’s Head
- Volcano Blossom – Dancing Dragons Boat Bar and Kunuku Boat Bar
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Jake’s American Red Lager– Jake’s American Bar
Casey adds that Jake’s American Red Lager is one of her personal favorites. She also notes that many locations also have signature drinks, and recommends the Triple in Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade. It is three different beers layered on top of each other (Strongbow, Hog’s Head Brew and Guiness). I can’t wait to check this out my next visit. Thanks, Casey!
Until next time…